Friday 27 September 2013

How clean are you clothes?

Mine are not! They seem to be coming out dirtier then they go in on occasion lately.
So this is my attempt at cleaning my fancy top load washing machine. No high efficiency here folks!

Check out One Good Thing blog by Jillee for the post I followed to clean this baby up.

I'm going to start by showing off my favourite part of my laundry room - The chandelier!! Probably my favourite thing in almost our whole house. Makes my 'work' room a little more fun!



So I started by filling the washer with hot hot water, and the largest load and adding 4 cups of bleach to it. let it sit for an hour then run it on the longest cycle.



Easy so far right? (so easy I tried on some new purchases and took some pictures to decide which I liked best!)



Now fill the washer again with hot hot water and add 4 cups of vinegar. Again let it sit for an hour. While its sitting take a scrub brush and a rag and get in all those nooks and crannies, the knobs, the doors, sides and fronts. Make sure to clean in under and around the dispensers as well - I only have a bleach dispenser on this machine, no fabric softener dispenser, but Jillee mentions this can get really slimy and grimy. Then finish by running the longest cycle. DONE! Easy right?



Now that my washer was SOO shiny *ding* I couldn't leave the dryer! so I cleaned its outside too before I ran the last cycle. *double ding*



I have so much laundry that needs doing, but I don't want to abuse these babies and make 'em dirty again! *sigh* that's how she goes! Cleaning the a cleaning machine seems sooo silly, but take a look a the difference in the water! YUCK! No wonder the clothes weren't bright & white.


 
 


I'm off to toddle after my toddler who if babbling away about school buses he watching out the window after his nap - I LOVE when he wakes up in a good mood :)

Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment