Saturday 28 December 2013

Getting an extension

I love this season, the Christmas season that is, and all that it brings. Not all of it may be good, but its all good for us. 

Hubby asked me yesterday when I'm going to box everything up, I told him I at least want to wait for January. I love all the lights, the smells of evergreen, the colours, the nativity scenes, the lights of candles representing the light of Jesus in our lives. I love that during most of advent the kids don't go down to the nursery and Sunday school but we all stay together and they are involved in the story of Jesus by being in the play and lighting candles and doing readings. Their innocent faces, and souls really, are a magical thing. 

I get where hubby is coming from too, though, he want more room in the living room to play with all his - er BIG C's - new toys :)
Santa really was far too good to us this year. Under the tree was overflowing with goodies - mostly for BIG and little C. 

This was one of little Cs gifts - new sippy cups. I never found ones like this for BIG C, they may leak a bit when tipped but it makes it much easier for the little guy to start learning. Got to love IKEA. I didn't even have to build these myself :) that shelf on the other hand, well its still in the box!

This was the first year I hosted and made Christmas dinner - couple of burns from being hasty but for the most part I came out unscathed. 
I definitely could not have done it without hubby, he was a huge help from cooking sausage and bacon (with a little taste testing to be sure it was safe for guests) to ripping bread for stuffing and pouring me a BIG glass of wine and having a few beers himself. 

He even helped to keep the boys busy and taste test for safety while I made these;
 
Christmas makes us (or me at least) look at our lives a little closer. Are we living the life we want to, are we the person we'd hoped to be, the one we hope our children will be?

I know I'm not there yet, but that's why I also love that this time to reflect upon ourselves and our life is so close to the new year. A great opportunity to come up with resolutions and ways to accomplish them. 

Here's a great page to fill out I saw on Pinterest. 
These will be filled out and posted in our house :)

And while your at it celebrate with one of these yummy treats!
http://www.everythingfab.com/2011/08/time-for-drink-white-peach-cardamom.html?m=1

So, I hope you all enjoyed your holiday season and extend it as long as you can!

Until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment