Monday 2 December 2013

Grief to Holiday Gratitude

Last year, at this time, I did a photo challenge. I love photography, any kind of capturing the moment on any kind of device.

I hope my family loves it and doesn't think it's as much of a 'bother' down the road when they get to look back!

Here is the challenge I participated in last year from Lulabelle Blog

 
I loved taking part in it, so I was searching for one a little different this year. Last minute of course, as per my usual style!
 
I couldn't find quite what I wanted so


 
I created my own! With purple candles, for the light and hope for this time of year.

I was trying to find one that combined all the wonderful things of the Holiday Season with the grief that can sometimes accompany it.

By grief I mean that of any kind, recently divorced? Moved far from family and friends? Lost a loved one? This week, last year, 10 years ago? Lost a pet? Failed a class?
If find yourself needing to look a little harder for that bright star in the sky this Christmas & Holiday Season, please feel free to join me.

I can't say I'll be able to complete it myself, but I'm going to try - even if I miss a day here of there.

This is meant for anyone and everyone, so if you need to tweak the word of the day to better suit you - do it!
Not grieving anything, just not feeling festive, snap a few photos, post them on your choice of social media - maybe you'll get a like or two, and regardless of what anyone says that feels good!

Love photos & photography so much after this challenge? Turn it into a new years resolution with a 365 challenge (daunting I know).

Last year I added my photos to part of our yearly album I make on Shutterfly, and thank goodness I took most with my iPhone too! I accidentally deleted our Christmas photos from last year and am now left with only the photo challenge photos! At least I am something!

So c'mon - snap a few pictures - it'll be fun!
Remember #holidaygratitudechallenge

Until we meet again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment