Friday 11 October 2013

Support for Boobies & Babies

I was like most women, most anyone really. I knew there was a possibility my babies may not make it full term and get to share their growing days with me in my arms. I was so naïve about it though, that would never happen to me - and it didn't, but it really could have.

Now that some of my best friends, V & M, have lost their sweet baby A the reality has come up and smacked me in the face.

What if our boys weren't here?!?!?! What if we weren't so blessed to easily conceive our sweet boys?!?!

We have hard days, but we truly are blessed - even though I need to consciously remind myself of that some days. Gosh if I could only catch a glimpse of our life 25-30 years from now to know we made it through!

The reality is so real though. We don't need to be filled with fear while pregnant, but Doctors need to do a better job presenting the fact, whether we are young, old, healthy, have complications. Anything can happen.

1 in 4.   

1 in 4!!!!

1 in 4!!!!!! That's how many babies die, before during or after birth.

October is breast cancer awareness month. Everyone knows that. Every business, person, and sport is flooded with pink in October. Even those tough guys in the NFL are decked out in pink.

Did you know that October is also pregnancy and infant loss awareness month?
I didn't.
Not until this October.

So think blue & pink this October.
Credit goes to Ashley Gorlick for this edited image. You can find her on Pinterest by the same name and Instagram - @amgorlick
 
I can't say I am full of answers;
 
                       How can we make babyloss less taboo?
                       How can we promote October as pregnancy and infant loss as widely as breast cancer?
                       How can we let women (and men!) be more aware of the possibility of becoming the 
                       1 in 4?
 
But I CAN say I want to be a part of the change! I think you should be too. Yes YOU!
Take a moment. Share this photo. Think of the boobies AND the babies this October. Let your support be know.
 
For all you know someone close to you, or just an acquaintance, will be so moved you thought about their baby.
 
Go on, share it - it will feel good, and do good.
 
<3
 
Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment