Monday 14 October 2013

All the Colours of the Wind

Disney Flashback! (Pocahontas if you didn't know.)

This is a beautiful season, and I have come to realize in the last couple weeks it truly is my favourite. The weather is gorgeous, bright sunny says, warm and not hot temperatures. The gorgeous sunsets, all be they a bit early for my liking, and the colours, oh the colours!!

I am so crazy proud of this photo. This is my husband combining our soybeans last week as the sun was setting. Did I mention gorgeous sunsets?


 
Plenty of bugs, puddles and crops around for the ducks this time of year. Happy happy.

 
Our big guy, Bocephus! Only 4 months and already more than 40 lbs! He's going to be a big guy!

 
Daddy and BIG C loving the leaves
 
 
The boys with the pumpkins BIG C picked at Pumpkin Palooza at Harwill Farms near Palmerston, and my corn covered mailbox - Hubby is worried I picked his best corn to adorn it with!



The beautiful trees on our property and that line our road. My amazing photography skills don't do the colours justice.
 






Sunny fall days shining down on the last few acres of beans.










Happy Thanksgiving - my view while I 'steal' Hubby's corn!






 
Going to the other farm to plant the last bit of wheat in the seed drill. BIG C in all his glory riding with Daddy.















Today I rode with Hubby in the sprayer for the first time (even though he's had this job nearly 3 years!), BIG C goes often, but I never get a chance, always kids to watch! It really was very cool to see how it all worked. An amazing machine, and an amazing man running it.

If only more people got the chance to witness all the parts to our life first hand, they would have much better appreciation for where their food comes from and how hard we work to get it to them safely and cost efficiently.

 Corn rows going on for miles and miles.

Just a peak into our fall.
How are you spending these crisp mornings and fabulous afternoons?

Until we meet again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment