Wednesday 28 August 2013

Watch the tide roll in

Ahhhh

It really is beautiful here, and I am so lucky to get to drink in this little piece of heaven on earth with family!

We are at the cottage (by we I mean the boys and I, hubby will join us on the weekend) that my MIL rents with her SIL every year for two weeks. The beach here in Kincardine is just gorgeous and the cottage is a legitimate cottage right on the water, not one of those fancy ones with air conditioning, washer & dryer, tv, Internet etc. 
we have electricity and running water - all we need :)

Although a REAL cottage wouldn't even have that, but it sure does make life easier with two wee ones!

Hubby's cousin is next door all the way from Ottawa, B's boys Mr. C and Mr. D are so funny and fairly close in age to BIG C, which is really nice. 

Every year on labour day weekend as much of my MIL family that can make it (there are 15 brothers and sisters, plus kids, and now grand kids !!) comes up to spend the day (or two) here and we all have a big meal on Saturday and a big breakfast on Sunday. We usually try and complete the Huron-Kinloss ice cream trail as well, YUMMY!!
 It's so much fun. I love time with family. 

The cousins have started a tradition over the past few years, Cousin's night out, a rowdy night of bar-hopping (there are two bars here in Kincardine) and some laughs and munches. More often than night I end up driving this rowdy bunch around town, but they're so fun it's so worth it!

Right now it is so calm here, just MIL Aunt L, Aunt B, the boys and I - did I mention I'm feeling quite brave from bringing them both alone?? Cause I am'

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer wherever you are, enjoying it with family and friends. And for those returning to school or who have kids returning to school - enjoy your last few days!'

The waves are lulling me to sleep now. 

Until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment