Monday 2 September 2013

National grief awareness day

What a day!

Got back from the cottage late last night so I had laundry and packing to do this morning so we were ready when Oma came to pick us up (ie not ready at all).

Didn't help that Mr Bo (our pup) was totally acting out!! He was trying to play far too rough with Caleb and left quite a mark on his arm. Poor guy :( I wish we could get Bo to stop biting :( :(

Finally got to Mom's and got down to business, cookies, cake, pasta salad, canning, pickling - the works!!!

Did I mention BIG C forfeited any kind of nap today?? Although he was quite well behaved and played quite nicely. 

The cookies and salad are for lunch after the memorial service for sweet Baby A tomorrow (which are SURE to be rough!!). I truly hope people take even just a little time out of their day to join is for the service. 

I also just found out today was national grief awareness day. I found so many amazing quotes on Instagram, so inspiring!!

I got a little side tracked checking out other profiles and found this;
http://lovinganangelinstead.com/2013/08/loss-is-also-a-physical-thing/
Such a great post. I know the kind of pain I was in after both boys, I CANNNOT imagine 
Knowing you have to endure such pain and the end result is a beautiful, but sleeping, baby seems unimaginable to me. 
Knowing the pain you will be in after you leave the hospital with no little babe to care for to ease the pain and make it worthwhile, it's makes me cry just thinking of it. 
Brave are we all to try and start a family. Naive are we who do so with such ease. 

For all you mommas (and daddies) that have had to endure such hardship, you have my utmost respect - in my opinion there is not much out there that is harder to do. 



Much love. 
Until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment