Wednesday 11 September 2013

A day to remember

While there are millions of people remember the great tragedy and loss of those lives, mothers fathers brothers sisters aunt uncles husbands wives children (both born and those who are now angel babies) etc., we remembered another special life.

We called him Dad.

When the news got out

The search was over, our hopes were dashed.

I was surprisingly doing ok all day. I thought for sure I would be a wreck in Sarnia (Point Edward). Little did I know that all the comments of friends and family on the pictures I posted on Facebook would completely break me down. Its healthy, I know that, and of course I should be permitted to cry, I miss him terribly.

I read somewhere that the second year after a loss is the hardest, because the shock has worn off. Isn't that the truth!! (wish is now striking me like I've posted about this before!)
In the first year when I would visit Mom, it truly felt like dad was out in the barn or the field etc.

Alas, this is not the reality. The reality is that he really is gone. There are so many times where I think 'gosh I just wish I could ask him ___'.

If heaven weren't so far away...


So to remember him especially today we took balloons and placed flowers under the Bluewater bridge with some of mom's close friends. One of my closest friends T met us there since she works and lives in Sarnia.



Mom had BIG C let the balloons go and told him we were sending them up to Opa in heaven. Mom also wrote a note on the flowers we left behind.



 
 
We shared a nice lunch together on the water and BIG C played on the playground and chased the seagulls and Canadian geese around. He also wanted to pee on the rocks (let the boy do something once and he wants to do it everyday!) but Alas there was a police man on the boardwalk.
 
So many things were left unsaid, we didn't even get a chance to say good-bye.
I know we will be together again one day.
 
So...
 
Until we meet again, Dad.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment