Sunday 8 September 2013

The dog that bit me

We were so privileged to get to celebrate the marriage of J and K yesterday. It was stunning. 

A beautiful setting on their farm, J looked just stunning in her gown. The bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Such a beautiful song - watch it here http://vimeo.com/m/34116296

This song holds so much meaning, today for such a happy occasion, but it also brings me back to sweet A's memorial day. I had never really heard the song before, but watching the video tonight I have no doubt where V found it. She very much likes the twilight series, the video depicts a few of its scenes. Regardless where the song is from its beautiful and moving. 

Needless to say I was in tears before the ceremony even began! The wedding was filled with such joy and love and laughter too. It really was beautiful. Followed by such a gorgeous rustic setting, barn boards and chandeliers. Be still my heart. Breathtaking. 



Not only were the decorations beautiful, the food was amazing and plentiful, the speeches funny just the right length. Ad the drinks - oh so yummy. 
I had mentioned to H, J and K that I can't really remember having a night out since our own wedding, more than a year ago. H was practically appalled and was adamant that we have a good time tonight and Hubby take a turn at the wheel. Needless to say hubby was less than excited. As were my boobs - being apart from little C for the first time in nearly 6 months for an extended period did not make those TaTas happy in the least!!

BIG C helping Oma with chores on the farm. 

Regardless we celebrated, with far too much wine and a little beer and vodka too. How was my night? Great until I had to ask hubby to pull over. Twice! It's been years since I've been sick from drinking. The last time was in 2010 for G and K's buck and doe - from what my fuzzy memory can recall. 

Today I sure felt the pain of the alcohol aftermath, and what a mean dog she is!
Not as bad as I would have thought, but I didn't do much more than nap a little, drink water and veg out on the couch - which I feel pretty yucky for, especially since I got rained out of my entire run yesterday. 

I can safely say I won't be doing that again for a while! Which I'm sure Hubby appreciates :)
And J, your day was gorgeous!! May you and K have a wonderful honeymoon in Costa Rica, and many years of wedded bliss ahead!!

Until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment