Sunday 15 September 2013

Gear down, gear down!!

Today was a cloudy, cold, would be glum day. The kind you would curl up under a blanket on the couch with some hot chocolate and warm ooey gooey comfort food!

Not today!! Today I had already planned to meet up with some girlfriends, one of their hubbies and mom for a bike ride in Woodstock. 
It was the perfect day for a ride!! 

I only brought BIG C with me today, normally I take both boys everywhere with me, because I'm their mom and because I love to show those cute stinkers off!! :)

We had to buy a new helmet for BIG C first, there was no cramming that old helmet on for even another day. It was officially too small! He got to pick his own, he picked the shark crossed raptor helmet!
 

 
There were SO MANY to choose from at Canadian Tire, but he was adamant that this was the best one! Hope Little C thinks so too, 'cause it'll be his one day!

We finally met up with the rest of the gang and headed off. It's a darn good thing I only had BIG C sitting on the back of the bike and not either of boys in the trailer!! We would have been much too wide for some of the trail, the gateways to parts of the trails, and even one of the bridges!
We biked a total of 17 km today, and only had one minor incident, almost 2. BIG C and I couldn't quite make it up one of the hills even after gearing down and nearly fell over. Then while 'parking' the bikes for lunch I misjudged my step getting off and the bike, BIG C, and myself all came crashing down. Luckily BIC C was crying more for fear than pain!
We stopped for some really yummy lunch at Sally Creek Bistro.
   
(Clearly a photo from elsewhere on the Internet at there is snow and Christmas decorations! http://www.ontariossouthwest.com/experience/sally-creek-bistro+233)
I had the Crispy Chicken wrap - soo delicious!
There is no kids menu offered and they had to go looking for a booster for us, but considering they don't usually serve kids they were very accommodating!
I definitely want to go back some Sunday and enjoy their all day breakfast, I was just really feeling lunch today after a decent workout!
Here are some fun photos after our day courtesy of my good friend Orsolya from Orsolya Gyorgy Photography.


That was our Sunday, how did you spend yours?

Until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment