Monday 2 September 2013

Family & Family "Vacations"

Oi

How else do you start a post after an exhausting week!!

At least the boys were both in bed by 8pm tonight, Hubby is off with the boys discussing where they will be hunting deer this year, and Mommy is cleaning the mountains of toys, clothes, and other stuff that appeared since we've been gone - errr I mean cozying up on the couch with homemade Mac N Cheese (leftovers) watching Mistresses on CTV with a French vanilla coffee and a little blogging :) C'est la vie, no?

Mistresses, if you haven't watched you're missing out!!! Such a guilty pleasure - I love it almost as much as Grey's (which means Hubby's Tosh.0 will be starting again soon too)!! Which thank goodness is almost back on!

I feel like I've totally earned this time on the couch to veg out, I mean time with family is great but I now feel like I need a vacation from our vacation!! I read an article about this a little while ago (I'd post a link but who knows where it was, a magazine, email or blog!) about how vacations with a spouse that are relaxing are good for you, but its important to vacation with your kids too (even if it feels FAR from a vacation) to create memories together.
And its so true, I love getting closer with Hubby's family, letting the kids get to know each other more, watching them play, taking photos while creating so many memories and even having a margarita or two! Although, again I say Oi! I need me a vacation from that vacation.

I'm so pooped from making sure the boys are clean, happy, nice, appropriate, fed, caring, sharing, and rested (HA!) 24/7 while constantly in the 'public eye'. Not only was there the boys, it was also that since we are not far from home (an hour away) and Hubby's brother B is sometimes (ahem) unreliable on weekends, Hubby also had to drive back and forth doing chores in the barns, leaving me to fend for myself. I realize I do this every day, but all you stay at home mommies (or any mom or dad) know that doing this in your own home in your own space is so much easier!

*Sigh* but we did all have fun, and BIG C, he had a BLAST with his second cousins and now has a new found love for bag pipers. Cousin B was so nice as to fuel this love by playing a few private shows for BIG C at the next door cottage. Needless to say he was in awe. I think we will have a standing appointment in Kincardine every Saturday night next summer to walk with the bag pipers! Maybe there is a kilt and set of pipes in his future?

parades

I'm off for some Rest & Relaxation (after our R & R).
Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend and end of the summer.

Until we meet again.
(Bruce beach)

(Kincardine march of the bands)

(Tuckered pup after the bag pipe walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment